H-Energy signs joint venture agreement with “K” Line for LNG Re-Gasification Project in West Bengal
January 30, 2018
Kolkata, 16th January 2018:
Achieving a major milestone for their LNG re-gasification project in West Bengal on the East Coast of India, H-Energy Private Limited and Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (“K” Line) signed an agreement on 12th December 2017 to jointly develop a project to import LNG.H-Energy shall hold 74% in the joint venture Company while “K” Line shall hold the remaining 26% stake.The project envisages an FSRU/FSU in the Offshore Digha region of West Bengal to provide re-gasified LNG (R-LNG) to customers in West Bengal and Bangladesh. The FSRU/FSU for this project shall be provided by “K” Line.
Mr. Darshan Hiranandani, CEO of H-Energy said “we greatly value the relationship with “K” Line and are happy that a global shipping company like “K” Line with vast experience in LNG shipping operations is part of our East Coast LNG project.” He further stated that “both the companies will further strengthen their relationship through collaboration in other areas such as LNG bunkering at Major Ports on the East Coast and West Coast of India and supply of LNG ships for other projects of H-Energy. These are currently under discussion and are expected to fructify shortly”.
All necessary studies related to Navigation Simulation, Uptime Assessment, Mooring Analysis and several others are underway to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the project.
Commenting on the major milestones achieved by the project, Mr. Darshan Hiranandani, CEO of H-Energy said, “We have been able to achieve the key milestones of the project and expect to start commercial operations by 2020 with the unstinted support of the Government of West Bengal and the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India. We are extremely pleased that the progress of the project will gain additional momentum with the involvement of “K” Line.”
H-Energy Gas Marketing Private Limited will book re-gasification capacity in the project and will be responsible for sourcing LNG and for supplying R-LNG to downstream customers, providing end-to-end gas solutions to the downstream customers in West Bengal. The project will also be supply R-LNG to customer in western Bangladesh.
H-Energy inaugurates India’s first FSRU based LNG Terminal at JSW Jaigarh Port
April 30, 2018
H-Energy signs FSRU Agreement with ENGIE for its LNG Re-Gasification Project in Maharashtra
April 25, 2017
Jetty Construction commences for H-Energy’s LNG Re-Gasification Project at Jaigarh Port in Maharashtra
February 27, 2017
H-Energy Private Limited and the Korea Consortium have Entered into a Landmark MOU on November 16th, 2016.
November 18, 2016
H-Energy participated in CWC World LNG & Gas Series, 20-23th September 2016, Singapore
October 3, 2016
H-Energy gets nod to lay Maharashtra-Mangalore gas pipeline
July 5, 2016
H-Energy wins the first Eastern India Natural Gas Pipeline Bid also clinched West Coast Natural Gas Pipeline Bid
July 3, 2016
H-Energy Employees participated in the Swach Bharat Swach Mumbai theme drive
June 27, 2016
Proposed Contai – Dattapulia – Jajpur – Dhamra – Cuttack – Paradip Natural Gas Pipeline will be a Boon for East India & West Bangladesh
October 27, 2015
H-Energy Private Limited
Western Concessions Private Limited
H-Energy Gas Marketing Private Limited
H-Energy East Coast Private Limited
HE Terminals Private Limited
H-Energy Mideast DMCC
H-Energy Management Holdings DIFC
- Privacy & Policy
- Terms & Conditions
12th Floor, Knowledge Park,
Hiranandani Business Park,
Powai, Mumbai - 400 076, India.
T: +91 22 2571 5100
F: +91 22 2576 3777
514, Dalamal Towers, 211 FPJ Marg,
Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400 021,
T: +91 22 2287 6060
F: +91 22 2283 2010